Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mustache Anticipation

Hi. I'm Oliver. I'm growing a mustache to raise money for ACES, a place that helps at-risk, inner-city students. You can't see my mustache because I'm keeping my mustache a secret. I'm building anticipation and suspense, like when my mom gets out my harness and my leash, but doesn't put it on me right away. I know I'm going for a walk or run at some point, but it could be in 1 minute, 2 minutes or 5 minutes. And the longer I wait, the more excited I get, and the more I jump up and down and bark at my mom to hurry up. Once we finally do get out the door (which can be an eternity) I love my walk or run even more. Just ask my mom how super excited I get when we first leave the house and I pull her down the street. Well, maybe you shouldn't bring that up again. But building anticipation keeps people (and dogs) interested and excited. So I'm not going to show my mustache quite yet. Just stay tuned--I promise you won't be disappointed.

Even if I grew the dumbest mustache ever, it'd still be pretty cool. I'm a dog. And anything is better, funnier and cooler on a dog. Take sweaters, for instance. An ugly sweater is stupid on a dude, but always funny on a dog. Or hats. You see a dog sportin' a furry hat and you will smile. You see a dude sportin' a furry hat and you don't know what to think. But you definitely stay the heck away from that dude.

In other words, however I sport my 'stache, it'll be really sweet. You'll like it. But you're going to have to wait to see it. So keep reading my blog. And looking at my blog pictures. And donating to ACES.


I didn't give ACES (or donating or squirrel toys) the hard sell this time, but that's okay. Sometimes less is more. Except when it comes to treats. Then it's the more treats the better.

The end.

Ollie

No comments:

Post a Comment