Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yay Bubba!


Hi. I'm Oliver. And today I had a really good day. I got to go over to my friend Bubba's house and we played and played and played. That's not Bubba in the picture, but that's what Bubba looks like. Bubba even sits like that dog in the picture. But it's not Bubba. And that dog is not taking a dook, even though it looks like he is.

Bubba even looks like he's gonna take a dook when were playing sometimes. He's not, but he looks like he is. And it kinda freaked me out. No one wants to get dooked on when they're running around and trying to assert their dominance. But I got used to it. And once I realized all was cool, we played and played and played.

Sometimes I wish I could be more like Bubba. He's so funny and cool and carefree. He doesn't care what anyone thinks, he's just happy dog. Me, I don't even want to tell anyone my good friend's name is Bubba because that makes me sound like Forrest Gump.

I wouldn't mind being Lieutenant Dan. But Forrest? I'm a total bad ass. In fact, if you make a "shrimp" comment or mention "peas and carrots, carrots and peas" and I'll chew a hole in your shoes and pee on your sweater. I'm way smarter than Forrest Gump. Forrest Gump never got any 20-second action from a hot wheaten terrier. And I did. Me 1. Forrest Gump 0.

But why do I care? I should just say, "Yeah, I going to run around with Bubba. Bubba, Bubba, Bubba." Instead I tell everyone, "Yo. I'm going over to B's house. We're going to chill, maybe chase some squirrels." The squirrel part is true (yay squirrels) but we never just hang out and chill. I'm a crazy terrier. From the moment I see Bubba I'm bouncing off the walls, trying to mount him like school girl. (It's dominance thing. Don't get all homophobe on me.)

I also cry every time my mom leaves. Even if she's just taking the garbage out I cry. (I'm a dog. I don't know the difference.) But I'd never admit that to anyone. Instead, if my mom were to leave, I'd be like, "Yeah. My mom's out with some dude. She'll be home whenever."

Bubba may look like he's taking a dook when he sits, but he's okay with that. He doesn't make excuses or alter his body positions. He's just Bubba. And I admire that.

The end.

Ollie

No comments:

Post a Comment