Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A More Positive Ollie

Hi. I'm Oliver. And recently, I've been doing a lot of complaining in my blogs, which might give some people the impression that I'm one of those negative-nellie dogs. But I'm not. I'm a happy dog. And even though I seem to poo-poo everything, I really have a lot to be thankful for. Including my poo.

I'm a really good pooper. And outside of a few extreme circumstances, I have the whole "pooping outside" thing down. My mom gives me praises when I do my job and sometimes I even get treats. How many of you get praises and treats just for taking a dook? I do and that's just one of the many things I'm thankful for.

I'm also thankful for all my toys. Bruce the fox, Neville the octopus, Bonnie the flea and all my squirrel toys that don't have names because I don't like to give names to squirrels. Squirrels are just squirrels. But I am thankful to have squirrel toys. I can practice on them so one day I can catch a real squirrel. I just don't want to give my squirrel toys names.

Another thing I'm thankful for is the window in my living room. I get to look out of that window all day long so I see all kinds of cool things. I see people and dogs and birds and the mailman and my crazy neighbor lady and, of course, squirrels. That window is like a big TV that's always on. I love that window. That window is one of the best things ever.

There are lots of humans I'm thankful for too. My grammie who always puts cheese on my food, my mom's friend Karen and my mom's friend Nicole. I'm also thankful for the new people that come over. If it's a hot lady human, I get to sniff her butt without getting in trouble. They just say, "Hey, stop that!" and laugh it off because they think that that's what dogs do (even though I know better). If it's a dude trying to put the moves on my mom, I get to bark and growl and jump up and down so the dude totally loses his nerve and goes home.

I'm also thankful for my treats. My favorite treats are dried chicken strips. They're so yummy and I get one every time my mom leaves the house. I don't like it when my mom leaves the house, but a dried chicken treat helps make up for it. I don't like to share my treats, but there are a few dogs I'd share them with. My friend Bubba, my girlfriend Liza and my friend Yoda who didn't like me too much. Yoda had to go to heaven so I don't see Yoda anymore. She was really cute, but my energy drove her nuts. That's okay. Yoda was a good friend even though she didn't like me very much.

Wow. That's a lot of stuff I'm thankful for. And that makes me a positive Ollie. Yay me! Of course, I'm totally thankful for my mom, but that's just a given. She means everything to me and if you're ever mean to her I'll bite you really hard. No one's ever been mean to my mom, but I figure it's a fair warning. Just in case you're considering it.

The last thing I'm thankful for is that, just now, my mom let me outside and I chased a squirrel, took a dook, and my mom gave me a "Good boy, Ollie" and a dried chicken treat. Bruce and looking out the window are next, followed by me snuggling up to my mom and falling asleep happy.

The end.

Ollie


No comments:

Post a Comment