Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year! (4 days late)


Hi. I'm Oliver. And like I always seem to say...man it's been a long time since I've written in my blog. Yeah. I'm a turd face when it comes to writing in my blog. However, that's all about to change. (For reals this time.) Because writing in my blog more often is one of my New Year's resolutions. (So is not getting all pissed when someone leaves my house, but that's a whole other blog.) Regardless, I will honestly try to write in my blog more often. 


So much has happened since I last wrote in my blog. My foot is all better. I've chased like a million squirrels. I went swimming for the first time (and it totally freaked me out). I've sniffed a lot of new ass (met a lot of cool people). I've visited my Grammy a lot. I've barked at the mail woman every day–well, every Monday through Saturday. And I didn't poop in the house once because you can't count the cling-ons that stick to my butt fur. Yay me!


I've done a lot more stuff than that, but it's too much to write down in one blog. This is a good start, though. One thing I will write about is that picture of me. It was taken at mom's boyfriend's cabin over in Wisco (that's short for Wisconsin). It's a fun cabin and I get to sniff and run around and do all kinds of fun dog stuff. That's where I went swimming too. The cabin is on this big lake. I mean the lake is right in the back yard of the cabin. Anyway, it was really hot one day up at the cabin and my mom, who was worrying about me again, plopped me into the water to cool me off.


At first I was super pissed about being in the water and tried to jump right out of the water. But then I realized how good and cool it felt to be in the water. And how that lake was like a giant water bowl that I could stand in and drink out of on a hot day. I still won't go in the water over my head because not being able to touch the ground totally freaks me out. But that's pretty good for a dog who hates the water. So that's where I'm at for now. Yay me!


(Just so you know, I can swim. I just prefer not to swim. Unless I have to. Like if some mean human throws me off the dock and makes me swim to the shore. But that's a whole other blog.)


Summer and swimming and lake water are a long, long way from right now. But writing about it is a good start to me writing again. And hopefully I can keep it up. If I do keep it up I'm going to ask my mom for a really nice treat. Not like a regular dried chicken treat, but something really cool and special like super big, all-natural, not made in china dried chicken treat. Or even a new squirrel toy or fox toy (yeah, Bruce is pretty chewed). I'll see what I can swing and keep you posted. 


The end.


Ollie

No comments:

Post a Comment